Friday 23 October 2020

Things that make me Smile

 Day 23 #OctPoWriMo2020

Yes, I am grateful for being blessed with joys, big and small that always point out to the fact that there is Goodness and faith. I am grateful for my loved ones who love me unconditionally for who I am. Today’s poem is based on this wonderful feeling of gratefulness and although words cannot suffice, this is my humble tribute to all who have made my life so beautiful.

To You, My Lovely Family and Friends. This is for YOU.


Poetry Type : Trolaan ( an attempt)


Things that make me Smile


Things were not falling into place

The jigsaw puzzle of life

The days disappearing without a trace

Teasing me, can you still thrive?


Hope flickering like the candlelight

Heaving gasps of breath

Holding onto what remains,gratitude bright

Hands held creating a wreath


Of belonging, Of love

Of all that is simple, yet joyful

Of smiles multiplied and sorrows half

Of close knit relationships ,meaningful


Finding peace of mind and soul

Fear can engulf , so behold!

Fighting with determination armful

For gratitude is happiness, complete but untold.


No comments:

Post a Comment