Wednesday 28 October 2020

The Journey Within

 Day 28#OctPoWriMo2020

The current situation has given me ample amount of time to spend with myself. I have journeyed along paths that were hidden to my busy eyes. These experiences have been fulfilling and memorable. I learnt to value each and every moment and live in the present instead of dwelling in the past. Getting entangled into memories that cause pain deprives us of experiencing so many happy moments that life has in store for us. 

This poem is dedicated to that journey inwards.

Form : Free Verse

" The Journey Within"


The street in front of my house is quiet these days

The surrounding quieter than earlier

The stillness invites me 

To embark on a journey

A journey to explore

Things that I have missed

While being engrossed in satiating selfish desires

I look around and find myself surrounded

With moments invaluable

When did the flowers bloom in my garden?

That sapling grew into a bush, so soon?

What is that bird at my window sill?

Does it come and sing everyday?

The wind chimes have begun dancing

Trying to impress me, or is it a mundane thing?

The cool breeze brushes past my temple

I inhale the experience

And get full to the brim

With an inexplicable emotion

Tears roll down my eyes

As I sit by the window sill

I learn the value of a warm hug

A smile, a signal of gratitude

For all things taken for granted

I learn to value the love and care

Of my dear ones

I learn to value feelings over ambition

I learn to value relationships over capital

I learn to value unconditional love

Yes, this journey is fulfilling

This journey Within!



1 comment:

  1. This time of quarantine brings such rich moments of reflection with today's topic. Thank you for sharing your inner journey. I agree wholeheartedly.

    ReplyDelete