Wednesday 14 October 2020

The Scrapbook

 Day 14#OctPoWriMo2020


“Truth “ to me is like that armour which protects me from vice. I remember my grandmother used to tell lots of stories and each had a morale in the end. She has inculcated such wonderful values in me .I rely on them strongly when I face difficult situations in life. I stand with Truth and Empathy . These embolden me and I am able to make myself heard and seen as an individual. Thank you my dear Grandma.

My poem today is about being lost and found again. Found with  the values that make one unique and True.


Poetry form : Cascade ( I love the waterfall feel in the pattern) 


The Scrapbook


Returned Home after 20 long years, lifeless

Sun rays embracing my old room,my memories, the bookshelf

Beckoned me with arms open wide, I felt Unique, Alive!


Yellowed with age, the scrapbook lay on my lap

Childhood memories, innocent,True and priceless

Returned Home, after 20 long years , lifeless


What did I achieve, accomplish and lose?

Swept in a tornado of desires, somewhere I lost myself

Sun rays embracing my old room,my memories, the bookshelf


The simple joys of life, experiencing love in Truth, Empathy

Laughing wholeheartedly … forgotten all till today when the Scrapbook

Beckoned me with arms open wide, I felt Unique, Alive!


1 comment:

  1. Oh what a nostalgic write it is... Scrapbooks do floods our forgotten memories..
    Even i love CASCADE form as it feels like flowing water.. Good Day

    https://serendipityofdreams.blogspot.com/2020/10/truth.html

    ReplyDelete