Tuesday 6 October 2020

My Heart's Desire

 Day 6- OctPoWriMO2020

Well I am going offbeat today as well with the form but sticking to the theme :" Following your Desire". The poetry form is Free Verse .

Writing has always been my desire and also to paint. I get my inspirations from life experiences, people, a cheery morning, flowers, a tune and the list goes on and on. Writing lifts my spirits and gives me hope.It has helped me cope up countless number of times from despair and sadness.

Now , on to the poem for the day.


" My Heart's Desire"


The coffee mug sat on my writing table

Teasing me as steam kept rising from the hot beverage

While I sat absorbed in my thoughts

I gazed at the landscape outside

The day had not started yet

And the stillness of the dawn captivated my imagination

Remnants of the previous night were nowhere to be seen

The night, like most other nights

Where hopes are not fulfilled

Where silent heads droop down with no dreams

Where words fall short only to be replaced with monochrome

Of uncertainty , loss

Of Time slipping away too quickly

Of dreams that are yet to be fulfilled and dreamed

Yes, that night like most other nights

But it was a New Day

The air crisp and fresh

Another opportunity thrown

To Live, Grow, Aspire

Follow Your Heart's Desire

Accomplish what You Set Out to DO

Rise, Rise , Rise

And show the World the True YOU!

My eyes sparkled and gone was the gloom

My fingers were all over the keyboard

And I composed.

Oh, what a comforting feeling

My heart's full to the brim

I Smile and look at my coffee cup

Its teasing me still!

But for me to get it filled

And write some more

For the Soul heals faster

When I follow my Heart's Desire !





1 comment:

  1. "For the Soul heals faster

    When I follow my Heart's Desire !"
    So true! Beautifully expressed.

    ReplyDelete