Thursday 8 October 2020

And She Never Looked Back!

 Day 8, #OctPoWriMo2020

Theme for the Day : Breaking Boundaries ( and I am excited about the theme!)


It took a lot of courage when I decided to share my poems with the outside world and I believe that I broke this boundary way back in 2015 when I started my blog. I would like to dedicate this composition to Sunita Prasad who is also a fellow contributor to this wonderful platform. She encouraged me to write and share and I shall be thankful to her forever. Crossing limitations in any form gives confidence and immense happiness. It makes me feel happier and complete.


So here is my composition dedicated to Sunita.

I am attempting the “Free Verse” here.


“ And She Never Looked Back”


The sky was laden with clouds

It was too quiet all around

A pause before a storm

She held the precious little thing close to her heart

The Red Diary that enclosed all her feelings

Laid in Black and White

Poured into compositions long and short

Some that flowed like the mountain rivers in Spring

Others stood frozen in wintry grip

Her emotions portrayed the beauty of all seasons

The pages at times glowed like the summer days

Warm, Hopeful, Happy, Playful

At times colorful like the Autumn forest

Sometimes lonely like the distant house on the hill

Sometimes loud and persistent like the cricket on the wall

Yes, the Red Diary housed all this and more 

But all locked up like the volcano of sentiments ready to erupt

Too scared to share them with others

Too scared to show them to the world

Feeling vulnerable, like taking a walk into the wilderness of emotions

All alone

She sat still for long…..

Yet, that rainy evening, she decided to break all boundaries

Boundaries that stifled her creative wings

Bursting the bubble of indecisiveness

She dialed the number , of a publisher

Conversations flowed , with hiccups at first

But soon it materialized 

The bird flew out of the cage, at last!

Breaking all shackles of limitations

And She Never Looked Back!


3 comments:

  1. What a beautiful, inspiring tale. Let us all be birds flying out of the cage, at last!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful! Sunita is such a wonderful blogger. Since we both blog from different platforms, we cross each other's path only in October. It is a joy to read her compositions.
    What a beautiful journey you have embarked upon, Amrita.

    ReplyDelete