Thursday 15 October 2020

The Silence of the Mountains

 Day 15#OctPoWriMO2020

Theme for the Day : Change of Perspective

Choosing the “ Free Verse” today to express my journey .


The Silence of the Mountains


There is something mystical and magical about hills and mountains

The calmness all around

The majestic mass of rocks and boulders 

Standing Tall, braving all odds

Witnessing thousands of years of Change

Change in contours, climate, the various moods of Nature

Change that is dynamic, Change that challenges stagnation

Change that permeates believes of yesteryears

All done with such Grace

With Silence

And I?

I still struggle with adaptation

Lingering with age old tradition

Stifled, still averse to modification

As I stand today at the foot of the mountain

The Silence strikes me

Never heard anything so loud

My heart screaming “ Change your perspective, and you will thrive”

I learn a lesson

Only Change is constant

Perhaps nothing is entirely true, not even this,”

I embrace dynamism

Take my first stride towards the new path

Where nothing is constant

Only change of perspective thrives.


1 comment:

  1. I have more favourite parts, but I shall only mention one:
    Take my first stride towards the new path

    Where nothing is constant

    Only change of perspective thrives.

    ReplyDelete