Saturday 24 October 2020

Conquering My Fears

 Day 24#OctPOWriMo2020

Today I write about procrastination due to fear of failure. I stalled choosing my profession as a Trainer because I had stage fright. I decided to take the step of overcoming this by choosing to be Bold, Brave, Being Me. Today, I have a come a long way and thanks to that moment when I decided to cross the bridge and reach the other side where success welcomed me with open arms. It's ok to feel scared but one must never allow fear to overcome confidence . Success comes to those who strive for the best. Consistent persistence is the key.

Choosing the Free Verse today.

Conquering My Fears


The spotlight was on me

The curtains had been raised, it was time

For my performance, but I froze

On the Stage!

Cold sweat permeated my confidence

I stood still, unable to move an inch

On the Stage!

And the audience waited, there was pin drop silence

Deafening! Never heard anything so Loud

and menacing!

Suddenly all went blank and I lay gasping for breath

On my bed. It was  a Dream!

Which shook me to my roots

made me look inside out

Who was I? What Did I want to Do?

What was I escaping from?

The mirror stared back at me

It was not me , but my scared being

Fear had engulfed my confidence, I could feel

But should I give up? After striving long enough?

No, not at all, somewhere screamed my brave self

The Dawn came and as the sun rays kissed my forehead

I decided to move ahead.

Past failures are like stepping stones towards success

I worked , worked , worked

Could feel the distance between me and my anxiety

Grow more and more till it mingled with the distant horizon

Today, after a year long debate with procrastination

I finally Won!

Going for my maiden stage performance

Confident, Brave, Determined

Let those dark days be laid at rest

The winds of change are here

I am all set to move ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment