Friday 27 October 2017

Your fragrance- a bouquet of Memories

Day 27: The scent of a flower

Attempted poetry form : Haiku

I don't know, but I have tried this form earlier but somehow the essence was not coming through my compositions. The prompt today made me attempt this once again since with the fragrance of roses I always remember my grandmother who was a lady par excellence! I would always love her and those wonderful memories would be cherished as long as I breathe!

My humble attempt:

A bunch of wild roses blooming 
The air still resplendent with your fragrance
Memories cascade down my eyes (tired)

7 comments:

  1. I like the feelings brought by your poem. Especially "The air still resplendent with your fragrance"

    ReplyDelete
  2. My paternal grandmother's house smelled of cedar and mothballs, which was overwhelming the first time I visited at age ten. I came to love that smell over the years. My grandmother was a very obsessive person and could be maddening, but I loved her and wish I could see her one more time.
    It's hard as life goes on and we lose our loved ones. My eyes are tired too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, that middle line captures it. Thank you. xoA

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you definitely tapped into the essence of a haiku here. Absolutely lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think you definitely tapped into the essence of a haiku here. Absolutely lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you all for taking time out and stopping by. This means a lot to me :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is very educational content and written well for a change. It's nice to see that some people still understand how to write a quality post.! Free Samples

    ReplyDelete