Wednesday 11 October 2017

The Mist

Day 9: #OctPoWriMo
Prompt: Tapping into your creative mind

The prompt today is unusual as well as creates opportunity for delving into mystery which I relate with smoke, mist, fog.

My take on today's prompt:

Life swayed like an empty cocoon
Floating like a dry twig in the breeze
Listless, directionless without any purpose
Memories choking with emotions of the days spent
It seemed not long in the past, but lost in the album hence
Only to be seen, loved, grieved, touched, pages turned with a sigh!
Thus days were spent cuddled in the cognizance of her beautiful presence
The fragrance of the ocean drifted in from the pastel colored window one lonely evening
Beckoning me to join the tete-e-tete with the crimson cloaked dusky sea-shore endearing
My feet developed a mind of their own and trotted out of the door into the sprawling lawn
Soon I was marching ahead towards an unknown destination that called
Didn’t realize when the mist had descended enveloping the environ
Brushing everything into pristine white with a touch of mystery
Suddenly could smell something very close to my heart!
That known fragrance of smoke from the hut!
When she cooked my favorite delicacy
Served with warmth and love
Then the enduring silence
Cold! I felt cold!
Suffocated!
Lifeless!
Sigh!

No comments:

Post a Comment