Friday 6 October 2017

Rhythm of the Rain

Day 6 #OctPoWriMo
Prompt : While I was pacing the floor

Well, I would like to take the prompt a little further to dancing in the tune of rain. I love to  do that and had composed a poem in the past , but today would write afresh with the old thoughts still lingering on my mind.

Hope you like it :

The usually silent window sill became lively today,
With the clouds gurgling and the distant thunder rumbling,
Soon the environ became abuzz with the arrival of rain

As the "Touch-me-not" danced in rhythm
And the rose petals flourished into blossom
The jasmines broke into a lovely ballet
Even the cactus ,standing tall, swayed in delight!
When the exuberant rain drops swirled and twirled them around!

The air was fragrant with their joy and merriment
I could smell the happiness in the environment!

My fingers drummed in unison
Danced to an unknown yet delightful rendition!
Transporting me to  a different dimension
I was soaring in the limitless sky
Free of all worries and constraints
Soon my body and soul engulfed in this heavenly mold
Swayed and skipped along
Round and round, up and down
I did not dance alone
For my companion- the rain drops
Were by my side
And, I forgot that I was getting desperately blind!

The rain stopped hence, but the magic didn't
The rhythm of the rain remained alive well into the night!

6 comments:

  1. Makes me long for the rains - nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the idea of rain as maestro of the living. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I almost feel that I am in the rain and among the flowers. Lovely mix of images and a sense of sound...

    ReplyDelete