Friday 20 October 2017

Days : 20, 19 and 18- #OctPoWriMo2017

Well, here's a bouquet of my offerings for days 20, 19 and 18 .

Day 20: Desires and remembering

Posting an old composition which depicts the love blossoming between a lonely building and the first drops of rain:

Drenched in Love !

Cool breeze brushed against
Embraced the agitated heated walls
Of brick, mortar and concrete
Nimbus clouds gathered
The environ wore a look romantic
The first kiss of the droplets
Of the first shower of the season
Sent shivers down the walls of the building
Shivers of joy, Adrenalin rush
It blushed with cupid’s touch
Love evoked sentiments unknown
In the mind of the building forlorn !


Day 19: Fox of Foxy

Interesting prompt, my attempt at "Florette"

A foxic encounter

A cold winter morning in the wood
The campfire reminding of warmish days of childhood
Suddenly the crunch of dry leaves broke the reverie
Smell of danger lurked heavily in the neighborhood

Could feel the twitch gnawing at the nape
As if a pair of steel grey eyes caught every movement in its grip
Cold sweat washed over the nervous figure
Unaware about the crouching predator camouflaged in cunning cape

The air was strangely still , as if waiting with baited breath
To watch the turnaround of the events at length
The fire still burning bright with all its might
In a flash I brandished the flaming sword with all my strength

The blood curdling howl froze the blood in my veins
My trembling knees refused to be commanded by my brain
But I held my ground as the fox circled around and then left
It was a foxic encounter nothing less than an emotional hurricane!


Day 18: Everyone went on Eating!

Poetry form: "Palindrome"

Tried my best, this is what resulted in the end ! :

The Rolling Stone

She is-  obedient girl,
A dreamer ,a seeker , a traveler at heart
  Was Attired She stiffly
One day, at the dinner table
Her wandering soul announced ,” I am a rolling stone”.
“Rolling stone, are you?, chorused the family through
A laugh,” What a joke!,” and they went on…
But still at heart, wandered the rolling stone,
Stiffly she attired was
At heart a traveler, a seeker, a dreamer
Girl obedient, is she?


Wow! finally feeling accomplished!!!







2 comments:

  1. Thank you! Good to see your words, Amrita. I especially liked the palindrome. I could see the girl and her yen to dream and travel. xoA

    ReplyDelete