Tuesday 17 October 2017

Magic is in the air.....when you believe in it!

Day 17: #OctPoWriMo

Well, tried to weave a story that I had written sometime back into  a poem , but I am sure that I must have crossed the limit of 50 words!

The story is about a mysterious phone call that magically saves the life of my protagonist's aunt.
So, here it is :

Memories are those fond images adorning the album of life
Some bring smile to the face, some color to the eyes
While turning over the pages revisited the mountains 
The usual visit to my aunt’s place atop a picturesque hill
It was a cloudy morning and the air thick with damping spirit
I was about to leave to join my aunt at the studio at 10
When the storm descended without a warning
Darkness enveloped the horizon and it looked like evening!
Flashes of lightning sent shivers down the spine
When all of  a sudden  screamed the bell of the landline!
A voice….trembling ,choking with emotion warned me of a danger
An accident involving my aunt!
When abruptly the line went dead!
Grabbing the flashlight I ventured out without a second thought
The climate had worsened with each passing second
It was difficult to see through the thick sleet of rain
The road was treacherous and played pranks with my sight
It had become unknown all of a sudden
I have traveled the mountainous paths so many times
But that day everything was bleak and strange
I hurried as fast as I could but slipped and fell on the muddy road
Panic stricken and drenched to the skin I screamed for help
Only to be greeted by the continuous sound of rain and the lightning intermittent
Painfully I stood up and with grazed knees but determined will
I moved on towards the studio situated up-hill
Reached after what seemed like an eternity with parched throat
Scared to discover what I feared the most, I tried to shout
But strangely no voice came out!
I shouted again with all my might,” Auntie!”
The echo of my own voice replied back quite eerily!
I tiptoed towards the door that was open to my surprise!
Peeped in with the only sound of my thumping heart playing havoc in my ears
Could not locate her in the dim light….but wait,something peeped from behind the desk
Her shoes….I ran to find her unconscious on the floor!
******************************************
A couple of days later, I went to visit her
At the hospital where she was recovering from an accident fatal!
It was a bright and beautiful day with the rainbow adorning the blue sky
As I put the bouquet of roses by her bedside, she flashes a smile
As colorful as the rainbow outside!
***********************************************
The call that came that day still remains a mystery
I left it that way and as I looked at the rainbow above
My heart skipped a beat as I realized
It must have been magic that saved my aunt’s life!

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you saved her! The rainbow does tell you kind spirits were at work that day :)

    ReplyDelete