Sunday 29 October 2017

Silhouetted memories

Day 28: OctPoWriMo

Sense of Belonging

I was raised in a joint family where laughter and togetherness was synonymous with our existence. Then life happened and with the passage of time we drifted apart to different parts of the country and world .We hardly get to meet once even in a year now . I was thinking about this prompt when I saw birds flocking together and flying towards home at sun down. They made a spectacular vision against the crimson –red sky with the fading rays of the Sun biding adieu . I heaved a sigh as I longed to experience the belongingness within the warm walls of my ancestral home amidst my family members.


A short emotional composition today( off the suggested form) :


The murmuration of a flock of birds
against the crimson sky
Silhouetted memories gone by
An overpowering sense of belonging
Still leaving behind the fragrance
Adorning the pages of the old album
Another day has come to an end
In a distant land
And the heart yearns
To be engulfed in the moments
So familiar yet so distant
That sense of belonging
Brought to life once again
By the flock of starlings
Against the crimson Sky!



No comments:

Post a Comment