Sunday 15 October 2017

The Clock!

Day 15: #OctPoWriMo

Prompt : Fighting the urge to Vomit!

What a prompt! But it sure encouraged my thoughts to spread wings and fly towards a different direction today.

A story -based composition with this prompt inculcated is hereby presented.

I tried my best......hope you like it as well :-)



Tick- tock, Tick –tock
I was doing exactly what the clock does….
Move and change places
Almost after every 6 month
At times even a week till I finally didn’t have strength
But the memories of that formidable incident
Haunted me day and night
Leaving me irritable, insomniac.

That day when my world crumbled around me to a thousand pieces
When that terrible piece of news reached me hence
My reflection, friend, soul-mate, my blood
My only source of strength in this whole wide world!
No more…. No more would greet me with arms wide open
At the end of a tiring day when I would reach our den!

No more teasing, cuddling ,caring for one another
Oh! How would I survive in solitude where we had dreamed together!
Red! The color red! Devilish ….morbid….makes me sick
At the very sight my inside churn and scream to come out!
I feel weak, overpowered by this strong urge to vomit!

No drop of red at the place of my solace!
Curtains, covers, draperies, clothes, sheets
All need to be white, pristine
Else, I would roam homeless, sleepless without respite
As the nightmares keep visiting me till they decide to reside!

Do they know that you are not there anymore?
To rescue me from their vicious grip?
To hold me tight when I scream in sleep?
To comfort me when I tremble in panic?
They do, I am sure!

For I see Red all around me, all over me
When I close my eyes!
I am sleep deprived!
Trotting along wide –eyed in search of oblivion

Tick- tock, Tick-tock
The clock on the wall still does its work
And again I step outside,
In search of a place which I can call Home!

3 comments: