Tuesday 27 October 2015

United till we depart .....

#OctPoWriMo- Prompt 27- Whimsical ( What is your happy ending ?)



Picture from Google

Today's prompt gave me a wonderful opportunity of sharing my views on what I aspire to be the happy ending of my life. I have always been fond of big families , lots of cousins, lots of laughter , happiness and sharing. The apt ending for me would be a cozy evening surrounded by my wonderful family all happily chatting and being together for ever. The above picture has been chosen since each color depicts an individual with a specific identity and thought process. When all the dots mingle together for a common goal, as one entity , it gives birth to a wonderful shape- a huge, happy family :-)

She was born not with a silver spoon,
But to a family which was a boon,
A big family which loved and cared;
No matter how the members fared,
They stood by each other,
Through thick and thin,
Joyful banter and laughter,
Echoed across the huge mansion,
That stood proudly in the city centre.
She loved each one to the core,
But fate had other things in store;
Relations faded, the bond weakened,
She was heartbroken,
Wanted earnestly to awaken,
The much treasured feeling of love , forsaken!
Her dream of a happy ending,
Culminates to a united gathering,
At the old mansion,
That re union,
With everyone, - the very thought,
Seemed like a blessing much sought.
Yes, that should be the happy ending,
The family gathered again,
Amidst joyous surrounding.
Laughter filling the air.
Bringing the lifeless skeleton;
Back to life – of the mansion.
For a home is not a home,
Without the warmth present,
In the hearts of the inhabitants,
Yes- that should be the happy ending,
She yearns for this event,

With hope everlasting!

9 comments:

  1. Love this.
    The end of your poem reminded me of what a head of school once said: the school is empty during the summer holidays. It's when the children come back that it comes back to life...
    I hope you get your wish :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, I am waiting eagerly for that day :-)

      Delete
  2. I have a very small family but I dreamed of a huge one! I relate to this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for taking time out and visiting my blog :-) , am really happy that you can relate to the concept :-)

      Delete
  3. Yes, a family can give us the happy ending we crave.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Family is basis for everything!

    ReplyDelete