Sunday 25 October 2015

My kitchen set



#OctPoWriMo- Prompt 25: Childhood Favorites

Arranged in a queue,
Tiny pots , plates and spoons,
Made of clay,
Colored in exquisite grey,
They usher in,
Fond memories
Of my childhood plays,
Spent innumerable afternoons,
At my favorite corner,
In the spacious balcony,
Cooking imaginary dishes,
For my family,
Getting distracted at times,
By the inviting-
Calls of the ice-cream vendor,
Those jingles broke the afternoon monotony,
Added colors to my fabulous imaginary,
Oh! those wonderful memories,
Enveloped in ethereal innocence,
Time transcended,
Life moved on,
But that treasure- my kitchen set,
Still sits arranged,
Adorning the shelf,
In my little drawing room.


8 comments:

  1. I love how gentle and sweet your poems is, and I love that you still have these.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for taking time out and visiting my blog :-)

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Yes, loved every bit of it while writing :-)

      Delete
  3. Almost every Girl's Favorite timepass.. Lovely memory..

    ReplyDelete