Saturday 3 October 2015

Hope

This is my first entry to OctPoWritMos- October '15 Poetry challenge. The Poetry prompt for today ( 3rd Oct '15) is - showing up.

I tried to compose what came to my mind, inspired by real life experiences, instances , situations due to which I have often felt like giving up , but always had the courage to show up , because hope dwelt prime in my mind and gave me courage.

Not sure about a shape poem , though. Hope you like the composition .

Uncertainty- fear-courage-hope-ecstasy!
The heart envisages on an eventful flight,
Towards a path unexplored- yet,
Adrenalin rush,
Expecting delight,
Yet the mind ponders,
On negativity, failure,
Doubt hovers like dark clouds,
Waiting for a heavy downpour,
Shouldn't one be focusing on the rainbow- more?
Every cloud has a silver lining,
Hope lives on amidst all obstacles overpowering,
For if Hope ceases to exist-
How can life persist-
On the journey that is besotted with challenges, hurdles,
Let the nimbus clouds cast away,
All their gloominess,
And glittering, dazzling, bright sunshine, make way, make way,
Envelope all with new found hope,
Bejeweled with prosperity and love,
Armed with such enchanting powers,
Let a new life begin,
Let all that was lost, surfeit come back again !


8 comments:

  1. Well written. "Let a new life begin!" :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome on board Amrita. You started with a bang of a poem :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You Sunita, as I have mentioned earlier, you have been a constant source of inspiration and have encouraged me. Thanks again :-)

      Delete