Sunday 4 October 2015

The magical world of books

Its Day 4 of #OctPoWriMo and the prompt for today is "Magic".

Yes I do believe in magic and I also believe that there is magic in everything around us. I have always been an avid reader since childhood , but this urge of reading was put forth once I got struck by the magical experience that words entwined in the form of poems and stories had on me. Since then I have been engrossed in this magical world and continue to enjoy it till date.

My thoughts on this magical experience :

Loneliness haunted her,
Day and night,
Did not give a moments respite:
Urging the impatient eyes,
To find a friend,
But oh.....all were in disguise,
Promises made but never kept,
There were lies, lies.....
All throughout, all around,
No escapade,
From this desolate state,
When. ...lo and behold!
Magic happened!
A wonderland was unfolded,
Amidst the pages of books-
Books which lay forgotten,
The pages unturned, untrodden,
The library became her best friend,
Loyal, comforting, understanding,
The soul was pacified,
The long lasting solitude finally transcended !
In the arms of the magical world
Of poems, stories,articles
She found salvation
And peace in the end!
Amrita Paul ( 4th Oct'15)

10 comments:

  1. Nicely penned, the world of story books is truly amazing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I agree completely. That is another way to travel to places of ones dream without actually travelling ! :-)

      Delete
  2. I adore your blog title. :)

    "Urging the impatient eyes,
    To find"

    I agree. Never look for people; go for paper magic ... even if it's still trapped inside trees.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much :-) Frankly speaking I have found solace in books rather than in the company of people :-)

      Delete
  3. Beautifully expressed. :) I somehow believe that promises are NOT meant to be broken.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :-). Yes, you are correct, but there are too many instances I have seen where promises have been made only to be broken.

      Delete