Saturday 24 October 2015

The journey- from a sapling to a tree




#OctPoWriMo- Prompt 24: Story Poem

I have been a nature lover always. Nature inspires me not only to write but also to paint. So, chose this picture and composed a poem on the journey of a tree , its feelings and experiences as it passed through the various stages of life.

I opened my eyes,
In the bosom of the earth,
Unfurled my roots and shoots,
Sprouted into life- unhindered,
Kissed by the warm sun rays,
Bathed by rain,
Fed by the air around,
And the motherly earth below,
When did I grow up?
I hardly know!
Standing tall,
The grandest of all !
Conversing with the birds,
And the whistling wind,
My thick foliage,
Provides home to many of age,
Days come and go,
Leaving behind wonderful moments-
Of long ago..........
The grassy carpet,
Woven intricately,
Covering like a blanket,
Leaving behind a soothing effect,
The crisp morning air,
Caressed by the sun rays,
So bright and cheerful,.
I feel blessed,
To be amidst-
Such creations wonderful !

9 comments: