Tuesday 25 October 2016

The Night

Am trying to catch up amidst a whirlwind of activities ! Posting for days 26, 25, 24 and 22 respectively . Wanted to try the " Free verse" and " Acrostic" forms for my musings.

Day 26- Prompt : Abandonment

The Night

The night crawled in,
Hooded, tiptoed,
Crimson colored sky, bade goodbye,
Surrendering to the wheel of time
Spinning yards of tales,
Untold, in the darkness of hell,
A laughter, a tear,
Love, betrayal, abandonment,
Friendship, hatred,
Dotted here and there
Numerous events,
Beaded into the same string,
By the thread called- Spell,

Omnipresent never ending!

Day 25- Prompt : Red 

Red ( an old composition of mine)

Red- inspires me
Infuses enthusiasm
Red- the color of love and optimism
Reminds me of your dynamism
The stroll down our love story’s coliseum
Pervade the grey cells with memories unforgettable
It seems just the day previous
When you walked into my life
Weaving love immense
Lifting me up in the air
Making me feel like a princess
Red- the color of love and optimism
Permeates my life with bountiful souvenirs of delight
The moments of bliss
Brightens my face with happiness
Our togetherness shall know no bounds
Will inflict happiness all around
As I stare at the distant horizon
The sky painted red by the setting sun
The birds floating in the air- homeward I guess,
A striking combination of energy and solace,
I am thankful to have you in my life,
And yes
Red- The color will always be the remembrance of our enchanting life!

Day 24- Prompt : Fantastical

Trip to the Hills

Journey mystical,
Mesmerizing, fantastical
In the clouds, so distant
Yet so near, magical!
Sunbeams permeating the crisp air,
The melody of mountain stream evoking feelings rare
The chirp of birds in the trees, here and there
Oh! Can the clock stop ticking this moment , here?
Wish to bask in the glorious solitude
Wish to capture this now and for ever
To be remembered later
While turning the pages of life
Far into the future, one evening of delight
Brightened with memories in spite of fading daylight
Yes, fantastical will be the instant,
Wrapped in the thoughts of hills traveled far and wide.

Day 22- Prompt : Dangerous

Fatal Attraction

Dawn of a beautiful day
Accompanied with memories of blossomed love
Nipped in the bud – the end abrupt!
Gaping at the wounds fresh , lonely, desolate
Eerie , suffocating cognizance of days past!
Roaring , hovering , driving the nerves mad!
Oh! Love- you can be so painful as well!
U- dangerous emotions uncut!
Silence envelops my being, peace yet to be sought!

No comments:

Post a Comment