Wednesday 26 October 2016

Essence of her Presence

#OctPoWriMo2016 - Day 27, Prompt : Favorite Scent

The prompt took me back to my childhood days and while taking the trip down the memory lane I was able to relate " favorite scent" with the essence of my beloved granny . I simply adore her and she is always in my thoughts. So, Granny, this is for you. Rest in peace and I love you loads......

Attempted poetry form : Ghazal

She was like the cool refreshing breeze of the hills
She epitomized the warmth of the winter sunbeam

The air exploded with fragrance – her essence
Her soul pure , full of love, she an angel from above

My memory cave decorated with bouquet of her being
Her voice resonating serenity like the mountain stream

Her stories wove magic, gave wings to my dreams
Those precious moments spent with her, will be dear forever

She gave strength in times of distress, need
She was like the Halo enlightening my life with mystical gleam

Still can smell the scent of her hair permeating my senses
Gives me will to endure in times of despair

Still can feel her presence enveloping the air
Distilling from all sentiments negative and inferior

Oh! Thank you for gracing my life with your presence
My beloved Granny, so lovely, a soul so rare!


No comments:

Post a Comment