Tuesday 3 September 2024

From Strangers to Friends

 It was a bright Sunny morning


The air crisp and fresh


The dew drops glittering with joy


Wished me Good Bye


As I boarded the train for a long journey forth


My heart skipped a beat


The engine purred into action


My journey had begun.


Eager, excited, I Looked out of the window


As my city was left behind


Trees, valleys, meadows danced along


And the train chugged ahead.


The metal wheels moved in full swing


While the track paved the way ahead


Dollops of white clouds embraced the clear blue sky


Smiling I believe, happy as I


The compartment was full 


Fellow passengers going to different destinations


But at the moment entwined together


Conversations flowed like the free flowing river


Stories , laughter, food …..shared and enjoyed


There sat an old lady, 


sharing stories as old and 


Intriguing as the wrinkles on her skin


The group a furlong away was singing happily


College students , I believe


The children played and made a delightful


Combination of colours and patterns


Of happy faces, faces which cannot be forgotten


The pages of my diary gets filled


With sketches of the happy moments


Which I know I will cherish, always.


Today as I sit and travel to those good old days


The old diary sits on my lap


How I wish I could go back


To those nomadic days


When I met strangers


But parted as friends.


No comments:

Post a Comment