Wednesday 28 December 2016

New year card

The air resplendent with
Music from the magical flute
My feet lifted off the ground
Floating amidst the dreamy clouds
My spirit bathed in peace profound
I could see the old town, of my childhood
As through the clouds, I peep down
The street alive with people bustling
Lively chatter weaving music , here and there
It’s that time of the year, eve of New Year
Greeting cards gleaming through the gloved fingers
Waiting to be delivered , greeted with smiles warm
Hugs, wishes and celebrations- usher in the sunshine warm
My face breaks into a grin,
As I spot myself amid the din,
Galloping through the crowd,
Excitement etched every inch of my mind!
Ping! The beep of my smart phone
-          “Happy New Year”- read the message clear!
No more cards, no more waiting eagerly for the postman
No more clinging to the handmade , priceless pieces of chart paper,
The flute had stopped playing !
It’s the end of yet another year……yes!
But those moments of the yesteryear's are priceless!


No comments:

Post a Comment