Thursday 15 June 2017

An incomplete rendezvous with Rain

I came to meet you, again
After months of separation,
I remembered your songs…about rain,
About hope pouring down from heaven,
About relief and happiness,
About ecstasy of getting soaked to the skin,
About the smile that reached the eyes,
Tears of joy washed off the dirt
From expectant faces,
Working in the fields, rejoicing,
As I cascaded down, made my way
Into the heart of parched earth
The confluence resulted in abundance
Life sprung from all corners,
While I looked around….for you,
I knocked at your window pane,
To tell you, here I am,
I tiptoed first along the window sill,
Then tapped, but in vain,
Eager to resume our tete-e-tete
From where we left…last year,
Waited for hours, to hear you sing again,
Waited till the raindrops faded into a drizzle,
Gradually,
Waited till the last drop kissed the earth,
But…..you never came,
At your favorite spot……

By the side of the old window pane !

No comments:

Post a Comment