Saturday 3 October 2020

Dear Autumn

 So it's Day 3 and today the theme is " Beauty in Chaos" in #OctPoWriMo 2020.

Attempted poetry form : Free Verse ( I love this !! )

Nature can teach us and heal us with a magical touch in so many ways. We just need to pause and observe the surrounding. The myriad of autumn colors have always amazed me. I dedicate this poem to the beauty and colors of Autumn.

Penned the below lines more like a free flowing brush touching the blank canvas to create something meaningful and magical!

Dear Autumn


Dusk had enveloped the horizon in a cozy embrace

Flocks of birds dotted the sky on their way homeward

Chirping away excitedly , filling the still air with their melodious cacophony

The hills afar were alive with the myriad hues of autumn

The floor of the woods , a riot of colors!

Beautiful! Magnificent!

I stood still while the beauty of nature mesmerized me

A strange fulfillment thronged my heart to the brim

I could see beauty even in the hullabaloo of Life!

Inspired I stand upright!

Palette in my hand, I start mixing colors one after the other

Red, Orange, Pink, Blue, Violet, Green, Yellow

The chaotic mix met the blank canvas 

Hesitatingly at first, but soon became friends!

The strokes of the brush became more confident as each moment passed by

Dusk had given way to night 

As I looked up at the starry sky, I smiled

I was not alone anymore

Hope , Belief, Confidence were my companions

For now I could see beauty even in the hullabaloo of Life!


To Autumn and to the conglomeration of hues accompanied

Salute!

For now I could see beauty even in the hullabaloo of Life!








1 comment: